Sunday, May 25, 2008

Meeting the Supreme Overlord


So I popped into Bay City (SLurl) to grab the Freebies mentioned on the official SLblog and who did I find? Why it was Governor Linden! Sure, there is no "real" such person, but folks were pickled tink that she was there. When I notified the Lucky Kitty Crew a couple begged to be teleported in to see the 'Supreme Overlord.' My wife Angela (not pictured below, but you can see her IM greeting to me) and my friend Serenity showed up, too.


Ms. Linden confirmed that the Mole avies used by the Linden Department of Public Works (wiki entry) were made by the very talented Wynx Whiplash. They got the avies free, but you can buy one at Extrovirtual.

Now if you are wondering why everyone is standing around, we were watching a Linden having trouble setting the box to be sold for L$0. Yep. The issue was mentioned on the official blog, too, but I figured it would be fixed by the time I got there. It wasn't, so I offered a free "giver' script. She declined my offer and put one of her own in -- then deleted it saying that a script showing her as the creator shouldn't be released in the wild. I choked back "But the script I'm happy to give you would deliver the contents in a folder without a copy of itself! And then folks wouldn't need to unpack the box!" Honestly, it is so hard to teach a Linden :::giggle:::

The freebies turned out to be some great textures used by the moles working on Bay City but many of the objects included made me wonder why I was turned down to be a mole. Certainly I'm no a fabulous builder, but I've turned out better things than these while just killing time. Don't get me wrong, please. The builds were good. Certainly not n00bie efforts. Maybe I expected too much. Hopefully the items I haven't seen yet are better. Bay City itself was rather good and seeing the textures from the box "in action" was cool.

(Note: this post is an edited version of a post on the LKC blog.)

No comments: