Friday, June 6, 2008

A Different Incongruent Truth

The lack of blog posts lately is one part laziness, one part being busy, and more than a few parts being disgusted with Second Life™. Take a look at the picture below.

When I started the viewer this morning a look at the status info at the top right showed all was good. The news links bottom left concurred. Happily clicking the Connect button (did they copyright 'Connect'?) I was rewarded with an offline for database maintenance message. Figuring the viewer information might be wrong I checked sources directly.Go figure.

Now the amusing part ...


As I was initially publishing this post I rechecked everything and found that a status alert had been added, but somehow some friends managed to log in.

Right. Maybe I had been tried to log in before the wave crested. Probably these folks were in-world before log-ins where closed. But information dissemination from the powers on hand can be much better organized.

Plaignante fini.

No comments: