Thursday, October 13, 2011

Getting Back Some Sanity

Even with all the excitement of Burn2 it wasn't easy to over look that I was spending hour after hour in a flat, dry desert. I like green and blue; forests and waters. So I'm taking some time to get back to my comfort zone by spending as much time as I can in my favorite places before I start tackling tasks again.

To start, I bought a Great White Shark avatar from R&Ms (SLurl) then swam about the various sims of the Blake Sea (like here: SLurl) and, of course, the bay at the Isle of Lesbos.

Cue the theme from Jaws. Calimari is on the menu!

Later, I teleported to the Calas Galadhon regions (SLurl) and flew around in the magnificent Fall foliage with my wonderful raven avie from Grendels Children.

This raven is the harbinger of fun.

Then I lay in the pond at Memorial Park (SLurl), enjoying the cool waters and springtime greenery.

This little park is my brother's land. We share the treehouse next door. I love this place.
Lastly, I ended up at the Isle of Lesbos again, dancing on the pole at the Mayan Club in my UK Punk finery (it was a Hats event).

The Isle of Lesbos has some great events and I hope to attend more now that Burn2 is over.

Soon Winter will decend upon my little town in Southern Maine and snow will cover everything. All the pine trees mean there will still be some greenery so the beauty won't be all gone, but when I need to refresh the woodland sprite within me, I know where to go in Second Life.

No comments: