Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Behold, the Power of Boobies

Just the other day, my friend Honour McMillan wrote a nice piece about how a skin can dramatically change your look even if you don't touch the sliders for body part size. I searched long and hard for my skin so I would look like "me" but I still had to adjust my nose as it became too thin (see this for my first pic with the skin).

Other body parts can make a huge difference, too, especially the often mocked but enormously (see the puns?) prim boobs usually called "implants." I have a couple sets myself, for a few reasons, one of which is that with them I can go beyond the slider maximum to have the same size boobs in Second Life that I have in Real Life (no, you can't see the RL ones unless you are really, really clever enough to figure out where they are online).

But I don't normally wear the implants. Maybe it's me, but I can't get them to look as real on me as other girls manage and clothing has been impossible to figure out. But when I heard about the Prim Boob Clothing Hunt (start here), I thought I'd take a bit of my free time and give it a whirl. If I got one good outfit from it and learned more about how these things work, then I'd be ahead of the game.

The third outfit (Viper Overalls from Vooh Designs; SLurl) is fabulous! Take a look ...

That's pretty much my RL size there. Maybe a bit bigger. Hard to judge, but they are close to "right."
I'm in the hangar at WarBug Headquarters (SLurl), a fun place to fly mini-planes and get some great bargains on unusual things. You can also buy the planes or try the prize chair to win one.

Can't get away with this at all in Real Life. Well, maybe a bit. I have a shirt like this from the garage my big brother owns and I wear it kinda like this when I'm there helping out now and then ... the one place I play the tease.
Yes, "the girls" are hard to fit in either life, but in "meatspace" I don't dress like this. In public I wear bulky hoodies, dark clothes, and whatever I can to de-emphasize my figure because the attention I usually get has not been positive. In the media, it may look like lots of fun to be a really busty lass, but anonymous gropes, hostility from less-blessed women, and other problems often outweigh the benefits (I think they look fabulous!).

But in Second Life, I can flaunt "the twins" with fewer of the negative consequences. Sure, men still verbally "grope" and the scorn for big breasts (via sliders or implants) can still be strong, but Our World generally seems safer. Why? Perhaps because most of the people I hang out with know me there is are fewer problems. Who knows? It just works, so get whatever body parts are "you" and enjoy.

2 comments:

Melissa Yeuxdoux said...

*The* resource for info on prim breasts and clothing in Second Life is Maggie Bluxome's blog, http://www.maggiebluxome.com/. If you want to keep track of the happily growing number of clothiers who cater to prim breast users, it's the place to go.

Uccie Poultry said...

@Melissa Thanks. I'm heading there right now!