Friday, May 25, 2012

Happy Towel Day!


Today is Towel Day, the 24 hour period we annually set aside specifically to honor the legacy of Douglas Adams, author of the five-book trilogy of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy and other works.

If you want to celebrate in Second Life, start with an SL Marketplace search for Towel Day (like this search) and you'll find two towels specifically for the holiday plus a rather nice lot of ordinary towels. First to appear, at least for me, is the towel I've been floggin' by bloggin' for the past few days, the one I made (get yours here, ladies, for free).

Apparently are events in Second Life to celebrate (like at Ye Olde Terrier's Inn, SLurl). I've suggested it as a theme at the Isle of Lesbos, but I hadn't heard back from anyone. Try Search yourself? Or the Destination Guide?

You can also visit Milliways, the Restaurant at the End of the Universe (SLurl) from 12pm SLT (until The End, I guess). Look for the group in-world for more information in Past Notices.
Wherever you celebrate (I'll have my towel handy even when I'm at a funeral today), think of Mr Adams.

No comments: