|An "intriguing picture" that has nothing to do with the post's theme.|
01. How do you deal with criticism? So many people think that criticism automatically connotes "bad" or "negative" that they often take any comments as such. I do my best to listen and formulate a response, addressing each point made by the critic. In Real Life it often stops at this point. Mom, my biggest critic and usually the one most often to go negative, still doesn't understand Sign Language well and seldom has the patience to wait for me to put a response on my iPad so mostly I nod and swallow it. In Second Life I try to listen and give a measured response, but often I'm impatient and just give in. Not that I get much feedback, though. No, I'm not perfect, but I do so little that folks feel like commenting on, I guess.
02. What’s the most infuriating thing other SL residents do? Troll. I count griefing as trolling, too, as it amounts to the same thing … someone so bored with their own pathetic life that to feel better about themselves they try to take down others. I have no patience for trolls. Report, mute, and move on thus depriving them of the attention they crave.
03. Which SL resident would you most like to have lunch with and why? So many choices, but if I had to pick one … Kennylex Luckless. Sorry if anyone out there is jumping up and down shouting "Why not me?!?!" but it's just lunch and Kenny is so darned creative. hmmm … "creative" is not enough. Unique. Special. Joyful. Funny. Amusing. Generous. I could go on. People in my SL family know that I'd like to have more than lunch with them so hopefully they'll stop the jumping now.
|PIcture shamelessly lifted from Kenny's MySL feed (here). You'll often find this adorable genius in Natoma near the Ivory Tower of Primitives sandbox (SLurl) or in Minna (SLurl) or even |
04. Who would you say is your “anti” role model? Someone who serves as a warning rather than an inspiration? There's a list that is long and distinguished, I'll say, but it takes all kinds of people to run a railroad. An anti-role model at least serves as a measure to show how much we value positive role models. Vice-versa, mind you, but I think you get the idea.
05. What was something you used to enjoy, but was ruined for you? Second Life Birthdays and events of that kind in general. Because of one individual I don't even want to attend let alone assist. I'm that shaken. I was thoroughly screwed and didn't even get a kiss first. How others trust this person who claims to be tolerant, inclusive, and anti-drama, I don't know.
06. What’s something you want to do that you’d be embarrassed to tell other people about? Really, who is going to answer this question? Well, telling some people some of the things I can think of wouldn't be embarrassing, but I'll tell them in private, perhaps with diagrams.
07. What’s the oddest term of endearment you’ve ever used or that someone’s used for you? "Myfe." Kuthola Homewood, a DJ at the old Isle of Lesbos and a friend, used the word "mife" as a term of endearment with her then SL wife … My Wife. M
08. Have you ever fallen in love with another SL resident? Yes *smile*
09. Describe a time/event in your SLife that you're nostalgic for. Like Strawberry's response to this item, I sometimes pine for the magic of discovering Second Life for the first time, like the time I described in this post of my wondrous discovery of talking dragons back when I was still "young" in this world. I suppose we all become jaded but what better place than Second Life
10. What’s something sweet you’d like someone to do for you? RL? Take me on a real vacation. I haven't been on one in over a decade and the way things are going I may never see another. SL? I can't think of anything, really. Things are going pretty well, in general.