Monday, January 20, 2014

Monday Meme: Helpful Tools

My first post in the Monday Meme series for 2014 is going to be short and probably not terribly sweet as, like the "Prank" meme I skipped last week, it barely applies to me sinceI really don't have any special HUDs that I use on a regular basis. Let's backtrack a bit and see what Strawberry Singh has to say on the topic on her blog ...

Meme Instruction: Share a screenshot of your viewer setup and/or a list of tools/HUDS you guys use to make your Second Life experiences better. Don’t forget to leave a comment in this post with a link so we can all come and stalk you. If you share a screenshot, feel free to share them in the Blog Memes flickr group.

... and with that setup, here goes:

Photographed at Splash, a public pool in Bay City (SLurl).

My day-to-day HUDs include an AO and a hugger. Which AO depends on the outfit with some stock from the maker and some cobbled together by me. The hugger is a Meike Hug &Kiss 2.02 Deluxe Full, a fabulous full-perm freebie that at one time sold for some L$450 and I bought one for each of my alts and several friends. About a year later the 100% discount kicked and a year after that it was changed to No Copy and the price bumped up to L$195 (see here). Crazy world, huh? I use the full-perm free one and put the paid-for one in storage.

That's about it, really. I keep the Mini-map open at almost all times though I don't really need it. Just an old habit. I don't use my Mysti-Tool. For pictures I will usually tack on AnyPose Basic HUD v1.52 (L$1500; see here) to adjust the position of body parts and my expression (especially eyes) or the free expression/eyes version (see here). Often, though not always as you can tell by the pic, when I'm in swimwear I attach Siggy's The Swimmer HUD (L$400; see here).

About the only regular HUD I use beyond the AO and the hugger is for my Maine Coon Cat furry avatar. It's for eye color, mouth opening, and ... well, you can see most of it above in the shot that the viewer kept cropping for me no matter how I adjusted things.

So, there you go. Short and dull. I'll try to be more exciting next time.

1 comment:

Strawberry Singh said...

I haven't bought the Anypose basic as of yet, but hearing so many good things about it, I'm seriously thinking about it.