Wednesday, March 5, 2014


Good news, everyone (well, every blogger)! Getty Images now allows many images from its world-renowned service to be embedded on blogs for free. Under select conditions, of course. Click here for the details then look for the teeny type in faint grey for Terms of Service.

"Great," you say, "but I'm a Second Life blogger! Why do I need images from the Real World in my blog?"

I'm glad you asked. It is a tool. As my dad taught me, every time you have a job to do you have an opportunity to buy new tools. Putting up shelves? Sure! I need new drill bits and a new level. Changing the oil in the car? My oil filter wrench is three months (or 3,000 miles) old so time for a new one.

Really, that could be extreme (not in our household) but you never know. Tuck away this knowledge as you never know when you might need it. And say thank you to Getty Images!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So funny. My RL wife would tell you I'm just like your Dad, in that way.

Uccie Poultry said...

I think most men are, really.