Tuesday, April 1, 2014

The Spring Meme


If I had a choice, I would be able to have a lovely Spring landscape at all times and I don't mean in Second Life. Though I don't mind the cold nearly as much as I mind heat, Winter is still depressing. Fall is my second favorite season thanks to the colors and the cooler evenings. Summer I can do without almost entirely. I'm definitely a Spring girl so I was pleased to see Strawberry Singh's meme challenge this week (see here).  My first thought for today's pic was Forest Floor (SLurl) a lovely shop with the same name and one of the most natural forest edge landscapes in all Second Life. This is one of those spots that when I just want to relax or have some lovely scenery too look at on the compute when I'm occupied near by but not actively engaged in Second Life, I park my avatar here (usually one of my pixies) and look in once in a while.

Meme Instructions: Share a spring-themed picture and/or answer the following questions about the season. Don’t forget to leave a link to your post in the comments and share your picture in the Blog Memes Flickr Group.

What is the spring season like where you live?

I live in Southern Maine, USA so our Spring is often variable, but for the most part I don't see green leaves until mid- to late-April. One flowering tree in our back yard is trying to bud right now, but frequent frosts have been deterring it. Here on April First I still have snow on the ground with a 50ºF air temperature.

Our front yard trees are always the last to show leaves come Spring and the first to shed them come Autumn. The ubiquitous evergreens (Maine is "The Pine Tree State") make my state beautiful all year long, however, so when I need to see greenery I don't have to go very far at all.


What’s the first thing that pops into your head when you think of spring?
Growing things. I'm far too lazy to do any gardening in Real Life, but I do so love new plants and budding trees. The bright green of Spring is so cheerful compared to the dark greens of Summer. When I can I try to get lost in some wooded area or an actual forest to experience the season. When I lived in Pennsylvania my brother and I would usually drive up to Maine to see family every May and I'd insist that we go through central New York State and southern Vermont just for the forests.

Which spring-themed sim in Second Life is your favorite at the moment?
Forest Floor probably isn't specifically Spring-themed (I can see elements of late Summer and early Fall) nor do I know of any region intentionally dedicated to the season. Try the Calas Galadhon regions (SLurl; Web) as they change seasonally. My home in Nangrim, the Lydia Rose Memorial Park (SLurl) is always Spring-like and I'm often lounging in the pond or in the hot tub there.

Here's to Spring! A time of renewal, color, and growing things.

1 comment:

Strawberry Singh said...

Love that you shared a RL pic as well. Every time spring comes around here, my father decides he wants to garden a bunch more things. So every spring, our garden just gets bigger and bigger, lol.