Saturday, November 29, 2014

Death in the Forest

One of the great mysteries in Second Life, one that rivals even the search for Magellan Linden, is they mystery of Salazar Jack and the Forest of Kahruvel (SLurl). Readers of this blog should know that I've been involved for part of this years-long story (see here). As oft happens in November, the mystery deepened recently as clues from Salazar have appeared on Twitter while photos and individualized messages  have been delivered in-world from what appears to be a tree. While patrolling the area today an experience I had last year happened again. I met Death.

Photos are more or less in chronological order.
Death was examining the columns in the area, unaccompanied by the wizard Merlin, as he was last year. This time, however, I was not alone. Kennylex Luckless was there to see Death, as well, as was Jack Meredith.

[08:09] Uccie Galway shouts: Kenny! Look out!!

[08:09] Kennylex Luckless shouts: OMG!

Kenny has just fallen, landed on Death, and bounced out of the frame.
[08:10] Kennylex Luckless shouts: I think I did land on a Grim Rapper when I did fell.

[08:10] Kennylex Luckless shouts: Ir is it reaper.

[08:10] Uccie Galway shouts: Are you okay, Kenny?


[08:10] Dᴇᴀᴛʜ shouts: MC Bᴏɴᴇs ɪɴ ᴅᴀ ʜᴀᴜs.

[08:11] Kennylex Luckless shouts: Yes, but I did step in water!

Jack Meredith shows up.
[08:11] Jack Meredith: hi kenny

[08:11] Dᴇᴀᴛʜ: Hᴏᴡ ᴀʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ?

[08:11] Uccie Galway: Be careful, Jack!

Me, Jack, Kenny, and DEATH.
[08:12] Uccie Galway: Death, why do you visit the forest today?


[08:13] Dᴇᴀᴛʜ: I wanted ᴀ walk. And to check on this obelisk.

[08:13] Uccie Galway: Have you any news about the search for Salazar jack?

[08:14] Dᴇᴀᴛʜ: Hᴇ ɪs ɴᴏᴛ ʀɪɢʜᴛ.

[08:14] Uccie Galway: "Not Right" as in not well? Needs help?

[08:14] Dᴇᴀᴛʜ: He is wrong.

[08:15] Uccie Galway: What is he wrong about?

[08:15] Kennylex Luckless: I think I miss what grim did say

[08:15] Dᴇᴀᴛʜ: Exɪsᴛᴇɴᴄᴇ.

[08:15] Kennylex Luckless: I may been a bit to far off.

[08:15] Uccie Galway: Can you help him return to this existence?

[08:16] Dᴇᴀᴛʜ: Hᴀᴠᴇ ʏᴏᴜ sᴇᴇɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡɪᴢᴀʀᴅ?

[08:16] Uccie Galway: Not for 12 moons now. Not since I last saw you.

[08:17] Dᴇᴀᴛʜ: Hᴇ ᴡᴀs ɢᴏɴᴇ ᴛᴏᴏ. Bᴜᴛ ʜᴇ ʀᴇᴛᴜʀɴᴇᴅ.

[08:17] Jack Meredith: i look around a bit

[08:17] Uccie Galway: I expect Merlin to return soon.

[08:17] Uccie Galway: Take care, Jack.

[08:17] Jack Meredith: bye

[08:17] Kennylex Luckless: tc

[08:17] Dᴇᴀᴛʜ: Bᴇ sᴇᴇɪɴɢ ʏᴏᴜ.

[08:17] Jack Meredith: yes bye

[08:17] Uccie Galway: Yes. I spoke with Merlin last year. He was a bit addled. Or mysterious.

[08:18] Dᴇᴀᴛʜ: Hᴇ ʜᴀs ɴᴏᴛ ʙᴇᴇɴ ʀɪɢʜᴛ sɪɴᴄᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ɪɴᴄɪᴅᴇɴᴛ ᴡɪᴛʜ ʜɪs ᴄᴇʀᴇᴀʟ.

[08:18] Uccie Galway: Can the wizard help Salazar?
From a series of photos posted on My SL (here).
[08:19] Dᴇᴀᴛʜ: Sᴀʟᴀᴢᴀʀ Jᴀᴄᴋ ɪs ɴᴏᴛ ᴘᴀʀᴛ ᴏғ ᴍʏ ᴅᴏᴍɪɴɪᴏɴ, ᴀs sᴜᴄʜ I ᴄᴀɴɴᴏᴛ sᴀʏ. Hᴇ ɪs ᴡʀᴏɴɢ.

[08:20] Uccie Galway: That tells me he is alive. Thank you.

[08:21] Dᴇᴀᴛʜ: Hᴇ ɪs ᴀʟɪᴠᴇ ᴀɴᴅ I ᴄᴀɴɴᴏᴛ sᴇᴇ ʜɪᴍ. Hᴇ ɪs ᴡʀᴏɴɢ.

[08:22] Uccie Galway: Poof

At this point, Death disappeared, though traces of him lingered in the area for a brief time.

[08:22] Kennylex Luckless: o.0

[08:22] Kennylex Luckless: btw, I has a could and running nose-

[08:22] Uccie Galway: sorry to hear that, Kenny

[08:23] Kennylex Luckless: I need go away and rest, can you send post and updates so I can see what happens

[08:23] Uccie Galway: I will. I'm going to put my pix and chat with Death on my blog, too.

[08:23] Uccie Galway: Feel better, Friend.

[08:23] Uccie Galway: Eat pancakes. [

08:24] Kennylex Luckless: I blame Grim, I did land on him, I guess better to get a could and not death

[08:24] Kennylex Luckless: see laters

[08:24] Uccie Galway: Laters

With this incident we have learned several things. Death is aware of Salazar. Our friend is alive but something is amiss (which we rather figured). And if you bounce off of death, you catch a cold, at minimum.

No comments: