Sunday, December 14, 2014

Santa, Ever, and That Poem

While I was walking back from the Real Life pharmacy it seems that I missed another visit by Santa to Bay City but a reporter for The Post was hot on the jolly old elf's trail and posted the appearance (original here) at Ever Dreamscape's memorial in Bay City - Dennis (SLurl), giving the big guy some private time.


Readers of this blog probably remember that Christmas 2013 was Ever's last with her friends and family in Our World and in Real Life so they probably can imagine that this holiday season is that much less festive without her. It was also last year that Ever let me post a copy of her special adaptation of "A Visit from St. Nicholas" by Clement Clarke Moore. I ran across it the other day and thought of sending a copy to the Bay City Alliance group (and still might) but after talking with a few people I thought it would be okay to freshen Ever's work a little to reflect the changes in Second Life over the last year. So here goes ...

A Visit from St. Ebbe 

Twas the night before Christmas and all thro' the lot,
Not a creature on radar not even a bot.
The stockings were rezzed by the chimney with care,
In hopes that St. Ebbe soon would be there.
The moles were nestled all snug in their dens,
While visions of mesh danc'd in their heads.

 My alt, who was ruthed, and I in bald cap,
Were just logging off for a long restart's nap.
When out on the sculpty lawn there arose such a clatter,
I stood from my totally G-rated bed (“honest”) to see who was griefing with pixellated matter!

Away to the teleport I flew like a flash,
Clicked on my mini map, and waited to crash.
I turned up my draw distance and opened an AR,
With graphics on high I could really cam far.
When what to my V3.67891-2a did soon rez,
But a sleigh full of prims and eight noobs (one wearing a fez)

With a prim-endowed driver, probably named Luv4Debbie,
I knew in a moment it must be St. Ebbe.
More rabid than vampires his coursers they came,
And he gestured, and shouted, and call'd them by name:
"Now! dasher101 now! dancer22 now! prancertheromancer13 and hotchickvixen24
"On! cometcutie92 on! cupid4U69 on! donder95 and blitzenishawt;

"To the top of the porch! To the top of the wall!
"Now animate! Animate! Animate all!"
So up to the skybox the coursers they flew,
With the sleigh full of premium gifts — and St. Ebbe too:
And then in a frame, I heard on the roof
The freebie clicky heels of each little goof.
As I opened my pan zoom, and was camming around,
Down the teleport St. Ebbe rezzed with a bound:

A new shopping bag was rezzed on his head,
And he look'd like a newbie confused and full of dread:
He was skinny and tall, sliders raised to the max,
And I activated my laugh gesture, then waited for rez of my new mesh slacks;
A wink of his eye, wow he must have a face animation
Made me wonder if I 'd be better off gaming on Playstation.

Not a chat or IM, he went straight to his work,
And rezzed freebie crap all over; wow what a jerk,
And after his avatar had seemingly froze
He walked into a wall, then up the teleport he rose.
He sat on his sleigh, to his team gave a whistle,
And away they all flew, like the down of a thistle:
But I then heard him shout, ere he drove off the sim,
"Happy Second Life to all, don't leave for Skyrim!"

Best of the season to everyone from The Poultry Report. Treasure your family and friends as they are they best gift you can ever receive in any world.

2 comments:

Orca said...

And a very Happy Xmas and New Year to you as well, Mrs Poultry,

from There She Blows's chief editor Orca

ƝƖƇƠ ƬƖMΣ ™ said...

<3 It!!